Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 8 weeks
Rate: £579 per Day
Location: Salisbury, UK
Job Type: Contract
Engagement Type: Implementation.
Description: VHDL developer required to assist in migrating experimental software developed and supplied by one commercial vendor into predefined code structures that will run and operate on the custom developed software defined radio (SDR) hardware and software platform of another commercial vendor.
Minimum Years Experience: 5 Years
5 Key Skills Required:
– VHDL Developer with extensive experience in developing, editing, analysing, debugging, and supervising VHDL-based software.
– Extensive experience with FPGA software development tools such as Xilinx Vivado ML Edition 2022.2 and Lattice Diamond is required.
– Extensive experience modelling the behaviour and structure of radio frequency (RF) and digital systems at multiple levels of abstraction, from system to field-programmable gate array (FPGA) implementation.
– Capability to analyse system-level requirements and develop a detailed firmware migration strategy.
– Active SC Clearance.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
– Provide a digital firmware implementation based on a microprocessor that serves as the overarching RF protocol configuration, control, and management interface tool.
– Maintain the back up and operating systems infrastructure.
– Manage end user expectations.
– Represent the Consulting organisation with the upmost professionalism.
– Work with the Consulting group and help them explore the needs of their client.