Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 26 weeks
Rate: £700 per Day
Location: London, UK
Job Type: Contract
Engagement Type: Implementation and Development
Description: Senior Site Reliability Engineer required who will provide guidance and influence best practice to our development teams.
Minimum Years Experience: 3 Years
Key Skills Required:
– Technical Breadth has a deep understanding of the technical concepts required in their role and understands how these fit into the wider technical landscape.
– Understanding of security engineering and security best practice.
– Ability to architect and administer scalable, cloud-native and on premise applications.
– Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through direct management.
– Skilled knowledge and ability in modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other engineers.
– The ability to lead engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific timescales.
Areas of Responsibility:
– Responsible for contributing authoritative advice and guidance to others in the organisation and externally.
– Design and develop the techniques for improving application reliability, run books, knowledge transfer to the UXCC, and ongoing SRE strategy within your Functional and Professional Communities.
– Act as the focal point for the investigation and resolution of major or complex incidents for the service, ensuring people with the right skills and expertise are proactively available to respond effectively.
– Conduct code assessments, with a view to correcting errors and providing recommendations for reliability improvements.
– Manage the team backlog for the applications for which you are accountable.
– Conduct reflective for all high priority and major incidents ensuring they are done quickly and published.