Engagement Type: Design and Implementation.
Description: Data Engineer to lead on the development and implementation of data storage solutions and digital data flows.
Minimum Years’ Experience: 3 Years.
Key Skills Required:
- Accomplished ETL developer with proven experience of delivering complex big data solutions and a track record of working with structured and unstructured data.
- Extensive working knowledge of data warehouse techniques for dimensional data modelling, relational database design, ETL techniques and data analysis.
- Knowledge of data architecture concepts/technologies e.g., data warehouse, data lakes, big data.
- Expert knowledge of data reconciliation, ETL error handling and error logging mechanisms.
- Experience of leading, upskilling and motivating a team in a multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and working alongside multiple senior stakeholders.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Scope the requirements of current and future systems, and work with colleagues within the department to understand and align with the department’s data strategy.
- Implement data storage solutions (e.g., data warehousing) for existing digital platforms and any future developments, ensuring solutions are in line with departmental data strategy.
- Upskill existing team members in order to grow capability and resilience in this area. Develop data validation processes throughout data flow, working with colleagues to ensure their data needs are met, and deliver testing and assurance of data systems.