Engagement Type: Delivery.
Description: Experienced RDF Developer required to develop a consolidated pan-archival RDF catalogue to meets users’ needs; implementing this by building ETL processes, an RDF triple store, and API services underpinned by AWS Neptune and AWS Elasticsearch.
Minimum Years’ Experience: 3 Years.
5 Key Skills Required:
- Experience using standards-based ontologies/vocabularies, such as the W3C PROV data model, Dublin Core and W3C ODRL.
- Experience in validating RDF data, e.g., using RDF SHACL.
- Experience in creating and working with RDF databases and SPARQL, e.g., using AWS Neptune, for example).
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of building Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes.
- Experience, knowledge of Java/Scala and an understanding of working with mixed content in the context of large, semi-structured datasets.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
- Developing a pan-archival catalogue, bringing together record descriptions from multiple catalogues into a single new system.
- Developing API functions to search, select, add, export, edit, import, and delete catalogue data.
- Developing search for use by expert users (using SPARQL with Elasticsearch).
- Developing an Extract, Transform, Load process to migrate catalogue data from multiple relational databases (SQL Server).
- Developing RDF databases to a cloud-based native RDF database (AWS Neptune).